Time after time I hear never ending excuses from those who are trying to stop the addictions:
- This is not the best moment;
- I will do it tomorrow, next week, when I go on holiday, on new year etc;
- Other people do it and they are okay so why should I stop it;
- The doctor says that glass of wine or whiskey is actually healthy;
- It helps me to calm down so why should I stop it;
- I work hard and I deserve to have some fun in this life... don't I ?
- It is his fault because he pissed me off;
- One cigarette, one joint, one drink doesn't make harm... does it ?
- But I feel so good after having one drink or cigarette... Why should I deny myself some pleasure ?
- I stop my addiction when my partner stops his addiction;
- I know that I am strong and once I decide to stop the addiction one day, then I will do it without a problem;
This is the reality for the addicts and with their excuses they are trapping themselves into the problem with addiction which usually gets worse and worse.
Those who have succeeded with their addictions are those who say: "I am doing it now" and take absolute responsibility for it without finding excuses or blaming others for it.